I can't believe that the day I've telling people about, "Yep, I leave on January 15th"and have been counting down until in my planner, is finally here. Tomorrow at 8:35pm my plane with lift off from Logan Airport and touch down again in Reykjavik, Iceland (which I am still learning to pronounce - I've been told it's ra-kee-o-vick, ra-ka-vich, ra-kee-o-vich) and then again in Copenhagen, Denmark at noon the next day.
I'm starting to feel departure day jitters, wondering if I'll be able to find my way around or successfully go grocery shopping when all the signs are in Danish and whether my new Kollegium-mates (a Kollegium is a cross between a dorm and an apartment and where I will be living) will embrace me or keep to themselves. I've been warned several times that the Danes are generally very reserved. Overall though, I suspect that the first week or so will be challenging and take some adjustment, but after that I will really love all the aspects of learning how to live in a completely different environment.
I will post more about my first few days once I am there and settled, so look forward to more exciting blog entries about the trials and tribulations of adjusting to Danish life. And thanks for taking the time to read this all or part of my blog.
Alright, here goes...
Alana
No comments:
Post a Comment