Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to my blog: 13 days and counting!

Hello!
This is the first post in what I hope will be an interesting and detailed account of my semester in Copenhagen.  I really appreciate anyone who is taking the time to read all or part of this, and I hope you find it interesting to hear about what I am doing, and learning, and figuring out about living in a new country as I go along.
After debating whether it was too egotistical to have a blog at all, I created this deciding that it wasn't and if nothing else that this would be a useful record for myself of my time in Denmark.  Although I always pictured myself writing about my travels in neat little pen handwriting in a moleskin journal or something of the like, pasting in photos and souveneir tickets stubs, I know that I am even less likely to write if I have to actually write, and not type, and that ultimately it's much more useful to have an electronic record than a handwritten one.
I leave in exactly 13 days and although I've spent my winter break relatively relaxedly so far, I know that now is go time if I want to to accomplish all the little and big tasks that need to be done before I ship out. There are forms to sign and mail in, friends to see and suitcases to pack.  I'm a little worried about whether it will all get done but I think my propensity for productivity and to-do lists will come in handy.
I hope to update this regularly, but we'll see what sort of free time I have once I get there.  I am a mix of nervous and excited and generally numb to the fact that I am soon going to live in a different country for five months.  I think it will only feel real once I get there.

Wish me luck with my packing! As a habitual over-packer, I will need it.
Indtil København (until Copenhagen),
Alana

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Really looking forward to future posts -- and good luck with the packing -- reember the motto -- "NO dead space!"

    ReplyDelete